Dark Chocolate Dipped PB Banana Bites
Updated: Mar 25, 2019
Whether you're in the mood for an after-dinner treat, or just looking for a "better-for-you" sweet, these dark chocolate-dipped peanut butter bites will not disappoint.
When purchasing your supplies, I recommend a dark chocolate that is at least 60% cacao. The higher the percent cacao, the more bitter it will be, but will also include more antioxidants.
Feel free to use a nut butter of your choice. I chose peanut butter for these bites, (I like Smucker's Natural, creamy) because it is higher in protein compared to other nut butters. Almond butter would be higher in omega 3 fats, but lower in protein. Both are great options.
2-3 ripe bananas
3-4 Tbsp nut butter of choice
1 cup dark chocolate morsels - 60-75% cacao
2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Slice bananas into coins and place on tray lined with parchment paper. Slice double the number of treats you'd like to make (if you are making 20 treats, you'll need 40 banana slices).
2. Once tray is filled, place in freezer for ~30 minutes.
3. Remove from freezer and smear thin layer of nut butter on every other line of banana coins
4. Top peanut butter-covered coins with another banana slice.
5. Place in freezer for ~1-2 hours or until frozen solid.
6. Once frozen solid, melt dark chocolate and coconut oil in sauce pan over low heat
7. Remove frozen bites from freezer, and dip each one half way in chocolate. Return to the parchment paper and refreeze for about 30 minutes.
8. Enjoy immediately, or freezer in sealed bag for up to 1 week.